Pictured, 2015 Award winner Justin Hansford.
The Society of American Law Teachers seeks nominations for the Junior Faculty Teaching Award, to be given in 2016 during the SALT Teaching Conference in Chicago on September 30-October 1. The award recognizes an outstanding recent entrant (seven years or fewer) into legal education who demonstrates a commitment to justice, equality and academic excellence through his or her teaching. This award is designed to honor all faculty, including clinical, legal research and writing, librarian and doctrinal teachers.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be considered for the Junior Faculty Teaching Award, applicants must be:
• Full-time faculty members with no more than seven years of teaching in the law school setting
• Involved in the teaching and advising of students at the time of the nomination
• A current SALT Member. Nominees may click here to join or renew. To check the status of membership, email email@example.com or call (702) 983-9845.
The Junior Faculty Teaching Award is designed to honor a teacher who demonstrates excellence in teaching through some or all of the following broadly construed qualities:
• Commitment to or alignment with the mission of SALT
• Incorporation of social justice themes in the classroom and/or scholarship
• Innovative curricular design in order to teach about diversity and access to justice
• Service to under-served and marginalized populations
• Mentor to others in social justice pedagogy
Only members of SALT may nominate individuals for the Award. You can click here to join or renew. To check the status of your membership, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 983-9845. Current members of the SALT Board of Governors are not eligible for nomination. Self-nominations are permitted. Nomination materials must include:
• Nominee’s curriculum vitae
• Letter of Nomination
• In the event of self-nomination, two letters of support.
Applications may include a maximum of five pages of supporting documentation including letters of support and other documents. The nomination and supporting materials must be submitted in .doc, docx or .pdf files. Send all materials to email@example.com by August 1, 2016.